Friday 14 October 2016

My hair saviours


I am not picky when it comes to hair products. I'm trying different ones all the time, I don't have particular favourites but sometimes when I feel that my hair needs a boost I pay more attention. Luckily there's a Sally's shop just on my way home from the train station so I had a good look around there the other week in the hope of finding something new. Scanning through millions of products (okay not millions, my highly sensitive mind tends to exaggerate a tad bit sometimes, it was hundreds more like) sitting on the shelves looking pretty and inviting my attention kept reverting back to L'oreal Professional. I always like a product that takes me back in time to a good memory and L'oreal hair care is one of them. It is what we used way back when I was doing a two-year hairdressing course at college.   As I was pondering which one of the shampoos to get, I could already hear my coolest college teacher Helen Patel's voice 'Don't let Judith fold the aprons! She can't fold them to save her life!'  And she was right. Yes, dear readers, I can't/have no patience to fold aprons properly to this day. I can, however, make a great omelette and arrange my DVDs into a fabulous colour coded systems if that's a consolation. However, instead of further boring you with my college shenanigans, I will get straight to the point and show you what I bought.



Vitamino Colour A OX CC Cream for Blondes



I've been colouring my hair with Majirel dye since my college days, my perfect shade is still 9.1 (ash blond) that Helen Patel and I have chosen after a fair bit of experimentation. I have a red undertone to my hair naturally and my blonde turns yellow quite quickly so I need the odd silver shampoo or conditioner every so often to eliminate those warm brassy tones. To spice things up a bit I decided to try this colour corrector and after only a few uses I love it already. Not just because it's dark blue and my bath looks like a prop from Avatar after using it but it makes my shade much more neutral, crisp and fresh. This will definitely be a keeper.



Vitamino Colour is easy to use: apply to washed and towel-dried hair for 5 to 10 minutes, rinse thoroughly and ensure the product is fully removed. Oh, and get everything you don't want stained blue away from you when applying it.


Possible concern: contains Sulphates


Available here

LISS UNLIMITED Liss Unlimited Shampoo



My hair is naturally frizzy, fluffy,  so smoothing products are a must in my beauty arsenal. This shampoo gets all those annoying problems under control and makes it feel soft with a touch of glow. This shampoo is enriched with Pro-Keratin, Kukui and Evening Primrose Oil. I really enjoy using this range again, I forgot how good they were. 



Warning: use only a little at a time and you have to have pretty thick and unruly hair for this. It's quite heavy, so I can't see it working for oily or fine hair. 

Available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment