Friday 17 February 2017

Hourglass Girl Stylo - first impressions

Girl Stylo Dreamer

This beauty deseves its own write-up.I actually postponed my plans of posting about decluttering my personal makeup kit because of this. Yesterday I went to get the new Taraj P Henson Viva Glam lipstick from Mac, but they didn't have it in stock so I came back from town with this instead. 





Hourglass is the creme de la creme of makeup brands, whatever they bring out is classy, beautiful and good quality with sleek packaging. Girl Stylo is no exception. They introduced the range back in January, a collection of 20 diverse colours with thoughtful names of characteristics that can describe women which is a tasteful tip of the hat to 'girl power'(Futurist, Idealist, Dreamer, Influencer, Achiever, Peacemaker, Seeker, Explorer, Believer, Creator, Warrior, Protector, Liberator, Leader, Icon, Visionary, Innovator, Lover, Inventor, Activist).



Since no matter how I wanted to I couldn't part with £520 (ouch!) to buy the whole range, I picked one that I will try first and then invest in other colours if I like it, they all look beautiful and wearable. I'm pretty sure I've spent about half an hour to pick just one shade. Seeker and Dreamer were the runners up and I ended up getting the latter since I use more peachy shades in spring and I am a bit of a dreamer anyway ;).



Girl Stylo is a crayon style hydrating lip colour with a pointed nib. The texure is dreamy soft, light, infused with shea butter, jojoba, sunflower seed, mimosa so it's very comfortable to wear. It has a satin finish with great colour pay-off  that goes on smooth and stays on quite nicely.



Girl Stylo is a bit of an an ivestment piece (like the Tom Ford, Chanel or Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks), it's £26.00 so I think if you are a capsule makeup kind of girl, or if you just love to wear a bit of luxury on your lips,  it is worth it. As soon as I started wearing it, I fell in love with it, so Dreamer is definitely going into my everyday makeup bag for the spring and I will get more shades later on.
Wearing Dreamer in natural light

Girl Stylo is formulated without Parabens, Sulphates, Phthalates, and are not tested on animals.


Available in SpaceNK, Libery and Net-a-Porter.

No comments:

Post a Comment