Thursday 1 June 2017

Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette Natural Beauty review

Here we are, part 2 of my Charlotte Tilbury makeup series.
I've always been intrigued by the idea of having a compact set of makeup that you can carry around with you all the time, let it be a normal working day, holidays, mini-breaks, etc.  I think I am not the only one who finds the idea of a  set that makes your daily makeup application and touch-ups fuss free, speedy incredibly appealing. And if this all comes with the trademark Tilbury quality than I'm all up for it.
Charlotte is offering 3 variations of the Instant Look in a Pallette, the most recent launch being Beauty Glow. I went for Natural Beauty just because all the shades seemed darker, more bronze in the new palette which is not really my everyday style.



The selection of shades in this palette is perfect for a natural, fresh look that could be built up to do a stronger look if needed - there are 3 for the eyes, 2 blushers, a bronzer and a highlighter.
I can see this palette working mostly on light to medium skin tones. They are all numbered for the beginners which is a great idea but obviously, you can use them separately or out of sequence too.


The Packaging: it is featuring the signature CT colours bronze and gold, very stylish, not too heavy, not too light,  a decent size mirror is included too that helps your application on the go. All shades are a decent size too, I suppose they will last a long time.
Texture: the texture of all the shades are soft, buttery, silky, easy to blend.
Pigment: apart from the eyeshadows that are not as pigmented as I thought, the pay-off of the shades is great, a little bit goes a long way but are buildable and long lasting.



Eyeshadows: there are 3 eyeshadows in the palette,  an Enhance (a satin finish soft beige-pink), a  Brighten (a sparkly golden-beige) and a Smoke (matte finish light, soft warm brown)shade. As I mentioned before if I had any critique about this palette is that the eyeshadows are not as pigmented as I expected though I've found that they are buildable and apply better pressed on the eyelids by fingers. I also wish if the Smoke shade was a tiny bit darker too. But all in all, they are very easy to wear, useful shades.



Blushers: both Swish and Pop are fabulous shades, you can use them separately or blended together as recommended by CT. A little goes a long way, so start applying very little and then add to it if needed.



Bronzer: it a great colour, very subtle but buildable, not too yellow too which I love.
Highlighter: apart from the blushers this is my favourite thing in the palette. It has a soft gold tone that has almost a blurring effect on the skin and it photographs beautifully. It has a great pay-off, so start with very little and build it up if needed.




I'm very pleased with this palette, it is practical, it is beautiful, it has a little bit of Tilbury magic in it. It certainly de-clutters your dressing table, it is easy to reach for every day and it speeds up your daily makeup routine. The Instant Look in a Pallette can easily become one's  go-to palette, just add an eye pencil, mascara, brow pencil and a lippie and that's it, you have a really nice complete routine that is quick and looks sophisticated.


Three looks using the palette:





The website says these palettes are limited edition, but Natural Beauty has been around for a while and keeps coming back (this makes me giggle all the time, many brands do it, it is great for business though) so hopefully, at one point they will become part of the permanent collection. It is £49.00 which sounds a lot but if you divide it, that's £7.00 per shade which is not bad at all for the sizes you get.



No comments:

Post a Comment