Friday 18 November 2016

The Ordinary Organic Cold-Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil review




This is the time of the year when my skin is craving nourishment.  Every year around October it starts to feel a bit tired, dull and generally just 'ugh' all round so I was very excited to receive my order from Victoria's Health with The Ordinary goodies. I've become a bit of a skincare junkie in the past couple of years and I am always looking for that magic combination of products that will keep my skin in good condition, but sometimes it feels so great to strip it down and go back to basics.  I decided to put my usual oil blends (Darphin 8-Flower Nectar Oil, Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate) aside and went for pure cold pressed organic rosehip oil. This has got to be my favourite beauty essential at the moment, I can't get enough of it. If I could use only one product all my life, rosehip oil would be it...and when my Mr jsmakeupartist remarks on my soft and glowy skin? I just want to take a bath it that thing!


Rosehip is an anti-ageing powerhouse and has been used for its healing properties since the ancient Egyptians. It comes from a particular variety of rose and the rosehip we know is the fruit that is left over once the flower dropped its petals. The oil they extract from it is packed full of nutrients, rich in vitamins (A, C, D), essential fatty acids (emollient, improves skin elasticity), antioxidants (that fight environmental damage), the benefits for the skin are countless. Just by using this oil you get more even, brighter skin tone, it is hydrating, soothing, it heals scars and helps with photo-aging too. What's not to love?



Here are the main advantages in detail:

1. Rosehip oil is high in Vitamin C which is the best way to regenerate skin cells and boost the collagen.


2. It contains Vitamin A that has small molecules, so it reaches deep and can restore moisture levels in the lower layers of the skin, hence it is great for reducing the appearance of lines.


3. It contains essential fatty acids that combined with Vitamin A protects the skin from free radicals that damage the skin and fights pigmentation.


4. Rosehip oil is classified as a dry oil, so its texture is light, not sticky and absorbs quickly.


Why go cold pressed? Because heat is not used in the extraction process, so it leaves all the nutrients untouched.


If you desire a real treat for your skin this winter, this 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil from The Ordinary is a great option! You get 30 ml for only £9.00 that will last you for a good few months. Just make sure you keep it away from the light in a cool place so it doesn't go rancid. You can use it on its own or mix it with your usual moisturiser, all you have to do is give it a good massage and wait for the results to kick in. This an excellent way to finish off your evening skincare routine. When on the hunt for other beauty products with rosehip seed oil in it look for Rosa Rubiginosa.




I am usually not for over-hyped beauty products, but in this case, I encourage you not to ignore the hype, it is all well deserved!

Available here: here

No comments:

Post a Comment