Friday 20 January 2017

My two current favourite complexion enhancers



In January I need all the help I can get to look a bit fresher than I actually am. I'm constantly on the lookout for skin care that perks up the complexion, highlighters, radiance primers, BB/CC/EE Creams, you name it, whichever suits best. I am a fan of the Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser that I've been using for years, it is quick and easy, has an SPF35, good stuff. This time, however, I wanted to change and I've found my two favourites already.






Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue



 
This gel cream is skincare and make-up in one. It uses Marine botanicals to hydrate, it gives the skin a healthy glow with a light coverage. It also has SPF30, which is brilliant since I'm using acids and retinols in my skin care, so sun protection for me is a must. My skin is not even and I have the occasional blemish here and there, so I still have to put a touch of foundation in the t-zone area over the Complexion Rescue, just to cover a bit more and I conceal where needed. The overall finished look is light, natural and I love the glow it gives the face.



Here are the facts:

What it does: evens out skin tone, brightens, gives sun protection


Best works on: normal to dry skin


Use: on its own or under foundation, powder if needed


Texture: light gel


Application: fingertips or stippling brush is best


Coverage: light-medium, buildable


Finish: dewy


Packaging: classy - matte gold tube, easy to handle, practical


Price: £27.00, it is on the pricey side. 


Is it worth it? Absolutely. The Complexion Rescue is an excellent multi-tasking product, it will definitely will come very handy whenever I'm not wearing big makeup. For those of you on the go and not having time for long make-up routines? This one is for you.

Other: the packaging says it's hypoallergenic. Why do I not care? This is the feature I never pay attention to, no brand can guarantee that people won't have a reaction to the ingredients.  All sensitivities are personal, so I usually just ignore that. I'm not really worried about ingredients, but I always suggest a patch test to clients if they are.


Garnier SkinActive BB cream + Blur




Here's a good budget buy, a new release from Garnier and this one will be more suitable for the summer for me, because of its matte finish.  Similar to Complexion Rescue, this combines skin care and make-up in one. It contains Vitamin C and Grapefruit extract (great antioxidant) and has light coverage with a matte finish.  UV protection is a pre-requisite for me, so the SPF 30 is a huge plus in my book.


Here are the facts:

What it does: evens out skin tone, brightens, gives sun protection

Best works on: normal to oily skin


Use: on its own or under foundation, powder if needed


Texture: light cream


Application: fingertips, stippling brush is best


Coverage: sheer


Finish: satin-matte


Packaging: nice long tube, easy to handle, practical


Price: Great budget buy for £12.99, now £8.66 in Boots, worth a try.


Is it worth it? Absolutely. If you can't be bothered to spending much time with make-up and like to look natural, go for it!

Other: The packaging says it blurs wrinkles, imperfections and pores. I'm always a bit skeptical about big statements like these. It makes your skin look better, let's just stick to that.




Just one more thing, I'd be really happy if Boots stores put testers out of these, Medium seems a tiny bit on the dark side. I can't return it now, because obviously I got chucked out the receipt (so typical by the way) so I'm hoping it will match my summer colour.


Here's a before and afters:





    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment