Thursday 16 March 2017

Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb mini haul



Garnier has just added some new goodies to their moisture boosting range extending their well-respected skin care portfolio. I've never really used Garnier skin care, but the first thing that caught my attention was the hydrating spray with SPF because I loved the Bioderma one that came out last year. Now, you know I am a sucker for anything that boosts the skin's hydration level, just because I got to an age where I really need it.  If I can get it at a budget price? Bring it on!


Let's start with the very thing that caught my eyes, the SkinActive Moisture Boost Protect spray with SPF 30. Applying SPF and re-applying it during the day is a tricky thing, but it's one of the the best ways of anti-ageing if you get it right. This little thing is a perfect answer to re-applying during the day when you are out and about, let it be a day out in town, popping out for lunch from the office or if you're working outside.
 Obviously this is not for prolonged sun exposure so when on holiday in the sun, go for something else.

  
The spray spreads the product really well, it is light in texture, not sticky at all so it is perfect for over makeup too. My boyfriend took it with him to work (he is driving all day) even he liked it because sometimes he's been caught by the sun quite a bit even just sitting in the car. From both of us, the Moisture Boost Protect Spray gets a big thumbs up.


Next up? The SkinActive Antioxidant Water-Cream Day Moisturiser. Personally I am not too fussed about my moisturisers, I am always more interested what happens after cleansing and before moisturising. You can use so many exciting things there like acids, retinols, serums, etc., but I thought I give this a try anyway. The product itself has a gel-like light texture which is easy to apply, so many people will like it if they can't stand heavy creams on their skin.  The smell is quite fresh, nothing too overpowering.  It contains antioxidants like amla (Indian Gooseberry) and pomegranate to protect the skin from environmental damage and hyaluronic acid which is known as one of the best hydrators.



The instructions advise to use a pea sized amount, I needed more than that but even then I felt this won't be enough for me on a regular basis, BUT I could definitely see myself using this in the summer, on hot days, when I don't want much on my skin. I think this could also work really well on a younger or oily skin. I like to use this, but I've only just got it recently, let's see what happens if I use it long term. I will get back to you on that.


I was really impressed on the other hand with the sheet mask! Another K-Beauty concept that is hitting the British highstreet - will it live up to the hype, though? I mainly bought it for fun, didn't expect much at all and I am happy to say this felt amazing to use. It is loaded with product yet not too messy, the size, shape and cut of the mask is suitable even for smaller faces like mine. It is cooling, calming, refreshing and most of all super-hydrating.



According to the instruction you have to leave it on for 15 minutes, but I left it on at least for half an hour to get the most out of it - they say it contains a week worth of hydrating serum after all. My skin felt bouncy, refreshed and calm after that and for £0.99? It's an absolute bargain! 


The SkinActive Moisture Bomb range is available at Boots, Superdrug, lookfantastic.com






No comments:

Post a Comment