Thursday 2 March 2017

Mac Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson


If I had to pick a charity beauty product it would be a Viva Glam lipstick from Mac, the simple reason being that 100% of the sales goes to the Mac AIDS Fund was started to provide help for the communities living with HIV and AIDS.  Since the charity was founded in 1994 by Frank Angelo and Frank Toskan (the two owners of Mac Cosmetics) the company has contributed to this great cause with hundreds of millions of dollars and I am more than happy to support that.




To this day Viva Glam is an integral part of what Mac is as a brand is and they've always found a diverse, influential, inspiring people to face their campaigns like Boy George, Ru Paul, Lil' Kim, Mary J Blige, Fergie, Lady Gaga, Nicky Minaj, Cindy Lauper, Ricky Martin, Rihanna, just to name a few. The new year brought us acclaimed actress Taraji P. Henson paired with her Empire co-star Jussie Smollett, actor, singer, photographer. Taraji has already released a capsule collection with Mac earlier and now she's returned and to face the Viva Glam campaign.



Viva Glam Taraji is a fabulous universally flattering, bright fuchsia shade that will definitely get you noticed. The formulation of the lipstick is matte, creamy, super long wearing and comfortable to wear. The colour of the bullet is not for me but what I really need is what's in it, so it's not something that would put me off from buying it.




I like a good pencil when wearing strong shades like this and I never thought I will find one in my kit, but magically there was one suitable, it's called Process Magenta Chromagraphic Pencil, also from Mac.

This is how it looks against fair skin in natural light:



I am very pleased to own this gorgeous shade, it will definitely be a favourite when I want to impress and who doesn't want to look fabulous and be charitable at the same time?


Check out this fun short promo video with Taraji and Jussie here


Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson is available at all Mac stores and online for £16.50. The collection also contains a shimmery fuchsia lipglass for £15.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment