Thursday 20 April 2017

My Top 5 Lip Care



I am always on the lookout for good lip care that hydrates, repairs, softens and doesn't leave a nasty white mark on the lips. I tried so many I couldn't even list them all, I have different favourites all the time but here are the ones I really love at the moment:
 

By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Care


Baume de Rose is a beautiful classic, well-loved multi-purpose balm in the beauty world, no wonder why.  It is super nourishing, repairs damaged lips and cuticles and it contains a lipo-regenerating complex made from rose flower essential wax and pastel oil to boost cell renewal. The added Vitamine E serves as an antioxidant while the shea butter leaves the lips feel super smooth. I actually prefer this new format over the pot because it feels more hygienic and portable to me.



Baume de Rose Lip Car is free of Phthalates, Parabens, Sulfate and is Cruelty-Free.
It is £14.00 at Space NK.


Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil 03 Red Berry



Clarins has extended the shades of their lip oils and they all taste great too!  This plant oil infused slightly tinted nutritious formula is great for nourishing the lips and give it a little bit of a healthy shine without leaving it sticky. The luxurious blend of Hazelnut, Jojoba and Mirabelle oils turn lips silky smooth within days. I would even use this on my cheeks if need be. I find the sponge tip applicator a bit too bulky, but hey-ho, the product itself is great. It was actually really hard to pick one, they all taste so good! I might just collect the whole range just in case. These used to be limited edition but I do hear this time they will be permanent to their collection which is great news.



The Clarins lip oil is retailing at £19.00.


Bioderma Stick Hydratant


I've been a huge fan of French Pharmacy brands for many, many years and I keep discovering their ever-growing ranges. This is the first time I've tried Bioderma's lip balm and I am impressed. This handy stick filled with Shea Butter, Avocado oil and Laminaria is extremely hydrating and comforting for the lips, it repairs damaged delicate skin and has a light raspberry taste. Top marks for this, it will definitely stay on my favourite list for a long time.



The Bioderma Stick Hydratant is fragrance-free and preservative-free, it is £5.10 at Boots.


Lush Lip Scrub Kiss 




(this formulation was limited edition, but other lip scrubs are available in other forms at Lush)

This is another classic. If you want to be dead skin free and get the blood flowing in the lips, this is for you. The combination of caster sugar and cocoa butter leave the lips super smooth and silky soft. Lipsticks go on like a dream after a good scrubbing session with this. I can even deal with the sweet candy-like scent because it's not overpowering at all.  This little pot lasts for absolute ages, so it really worth the money.



The Lush lip scrubs are vegan and retailing at £5.95.


Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream


Hands up who hasn't tried the Eight Hour Cream? There's not many of you I bet! Well loved by beauty fans and makeup artists since 1930 (!), this legendary beauty icon is still going strong. Why? Simply because it works. This multi-purpose yellow looking, funny-smelling balm is a saviour for dry, cracked, irritated skin, it protects, soothes and heals. It is a brilliant SOS product in a makeup artist's kit,  I even used it as a brow gel and a highlighter on the cheeks when doing makeup. I have one in my private beauty stash too, but I mainly use it on my lips. Nothing works like this and  I have no doubts that the Eight Hour Cream will rule the beauty world for many more decades to come.



The is available in a fragrance-free formula and retails at £26.00 for 50ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment