Friday 14 April 2017

The Ordinary - Glycolic Acid 7% Solution, AHA 30% BHA 2% Acid Peel, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc


I know The Ordinary is not for everyone, I know, but my fascination with the brand continues as finally, they've launched Glycolic Acid products. I have never ordered something as fast as their 7% Glycolic Solution and just for good measure, I added the Acid Peel and Niacinamide to try.
Glycolic Acid is one of the most anti-ageing acids and it works really well on my skin. I am a huge advocate of Alpha-H's Liquid Gold (one of the best resurfacing treatments with 5% Glycolic Acid) and I am always on a lookout for other alternatives. I also use Pixi's Glow Tonic sometimes (a gentle toner that contains 5% Glycolic Acid).I think The Ordinary toner with 7% Glycolic Acid is right in the middle in strength. A fair word of warning: If you are not experienced in using acids, take it slow, start with lower concentrations and always, always use SPF during the day.


Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
Glycolic Acid is an AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) that exfoliates the skin. This has been my preferred way of exfoliation for years with amazing visible results. This mild peach coloured solution lifts off dead skin, brightens and for improves the appearance of skin texture. It contains Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative to help reducing irritation,  Ginseng Root and Aloe Vera for radiance and soothing.


At first use, it felt quite strong, effective but not irritating. Let me stress one more time, I have a lot of experience with using acids and I don't have sensitive skin, so tread carefully if you are a newbie. I've just started to use this (after cleansing, before other treatments and a moisturiser) but I really like it so far and what a fantastic budget solution for anti-ageing this is! For £6.80? It is a steal! Another thumbs up for The Ordinary from me.


AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution


Now here is what I was really interested in trying: a high concentration of AHA and BHA peel. Boys and girls, this is for the advanced skincare junkies, it packs a punch!

This strong exfoliating facial masque containing AHA and BHA is great option to revive dull, tired looking skin, exfoliate, unclog pores and improve skin texture. It contains 30% Alpha Hydroxyl Acids (Glycolic, Lactic, Tartaric, Citric) and 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid (Salicylic Acid).


This formula has a distinctive purple colour that made using the product really fun for me (it might scare some people though). It contains a Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative to help reducing irritation,  Hyaluronic Acid to sooth the skin, Vitamin B5 for healing and Black Carrot as an added antioxidant.  I used this twice and I know this will be a keeper. My skin felt super smooth, bright and refreshed after just one use. Acids work like nothing else for me and if I can get it at this low a price (£6.30), then bring it on!


Don't use this more than twice a week, use it only in the evening and you should use SPF during the day all the time to preserve the results.
When using it please follow the directions on the website closely and don't leave it on for longer than the designated 10 minutes. 


Niacinamide 10% + Zinc

Niacinamide 10% + Zinc is a vitamin and mineral formula with high concentration of Niacinamide and Zinc, a skin treatment serum for blemishes, congestion and balancing sebum.
Why did I order this exactly? I'm not so sure anymore since I'm not prone to blemishes that much. It sounded intriguing I guess. Okay, I might try this on my visible pores around my lips and nose, see how it is performing when it comes to balancing the skin. Niacinamide, which Vitamin B3, is a powerful antioxidant that is great for improving skin health in general, it boosts the skin's moisture retention ability by strengthening the epidermal barrier and was proved to reduce the appearance of lines. Well, that's sounds good to me! The added Zinc helps to heal damaged skin and encourages collagen and elastin production. That sounds great too!



The see-through liquid is easy to apply and feels light on the skin.  I introduced this to my morning routine after cleansing and before The Buffet (also from The Ordinary) and my moisturiser. I've heard various reports and mixed opinions on this one, I will see how it performs and I will report back on it later on. Even if it doesn't do anything for me, those £5.00 I spent on it will not be a great loss.
 






3 comments:

  1. We make the custom synthesis process more efficient and cost effective while maintaining the highest standards of quality and reliability. Glycolic acid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niacinamide and zinc are extremely relieving fixings. Indeed, you can utilize this item subsequent to utilizing the AHA/BHA strip. With the strip, guarantee you apply to newly purged and dry skin and leave on for positively NO over 10 minutes-5 on the off chance that it's your first time.
    The Ordinary peeling Solution in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution from The Ordinary is an exfoliating facial with alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids. This water-based rinse-off weekly treatment is ideal for experienced users of exfoliating acids looking for solutions for textural irregularities, dullness, and signs of congested pores.
    the ordinary peeling solution

    ReplyDelete