Friday 19 May 2017

New in! Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Metal Lip Colour, Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lip Colour


I have two lovely new launches for you this week. They are both very different but fun in their own way.  



First up the Ultra HD Gel Lip Colour: 'Selfie-ready', hydrating 'hyaluronic acid' formulas and anything 'HD' is getting a buzz these days in the beauty industry suggesting a product with good pigment without looking and feeling heavy. There are many hits and misses but I think Revlon got it right with their new launch. The light-weight gel formula is highly pigmented, glides on the lips like a dream. The wear is not too great (it only lasted a few hours on me) but is very hydrating that makes it super-comfortable to wear. It smells lovely too (mango and vanilla) but if you're sensitive to fragrance this aspect might put you off of it.





It comes in a long sleek reddish-pink bullet and the lipstick itslef is nicely shaped that makes application easy. I wish the lid was the same colour as the bullet because the see-through plastic cheapens the look of it a little.  


Vineyard is my favourite, a dark reddish grape colour that is perfect if you want a bit of an intense lip without going for full-on red. This is a definite keeper and might buy some other shades too.

My second lip colour is a launch for the Instagram generation: the Be Legendary Liquid Lip from Smashbox. If you are on Instagram and love make-up, I'm pretty sure you know of Vlada Haggerty aka @vladamua. A Pat McGrath team member, Lip Editor-in-chief at Smashbox, the queen of jaw-dropping lip art has designed a beautiful lip colour range that has been proven highly coveted by customers eager to recreate her looks. It comes in 16 shades, 8 Liquid Metals with a high shine metal finish and 8 Liquid Pigments with a beautiful glossy finish.





I picked up one of the Liquid Metal colours in Mauve Squad which seemed one of the more wearable shades. I have to say I love the full coverage it gives and the high shine metal effect. The packaging looks sleek and simple, it lets beautiful the colour speak for itself. The applicator is a great shape and quite sturdy that makes application quite easy. It is formulated without Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Phthalates, Silicone, Oil & Talc which might be good news for many. 



While this lip product is most definitely fun I will keep this within the realm of Instagram and editorial work. It is a great addition to any pro kit but I have to say I feel it's a tad bit impractical for everyday use because it is too full-on and feels way too sticky for my liking.


I will do a few makeup looks on Instagram with these two in the next few days so you can see how it looks on.

No comments:

Post a Comment