Thursday 11 May 2017

Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Body Cream First Impressions


It's no secret that I love any facial skincare with glycolic acid.  This type of AHA is basically an exfoliant derived from sugar cane. It has small molecules that make it easier for it to penetrate the skin and that makes it a very effective anti-ageing ingredient. It has given me very quick, visible results, has greatly improved my skin texture, brightened my skin and improved the appearance of pores and fine lines.



However, I haven't ventured into the world of glycolic body care yet. I think it's high time to tackle the elasticity, texture, and tone, especially on my legs, so I went for the first available product in Boots from Nip+Fab (£7,99 normally but it was reduced to £4.90). The next step up I guess will be Paula's Choice Resist Skin Revealing Body Lotion with 10% AHA (but that's a bigger investment at £30).



The Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Body Cream is a lightweight refining body lotion to smooth the skin and make it brighter. It contains the blend of salicylic acid, lactic acid, and glycolic acid to help exfoliation, stimulate cell renewal, unclog pores and reduce the appearance of pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles.


I've only been using it for a week, so I can't tell yet what results I get with continuous use. I can already say, however,  that it is pleasant to use, the texture is light and silky, absorbs quickly but leaves the skin moisturized and I love the fresh citrus fragrance too. It contains only low concentrations of acids so I guess it will take at least a month to see real results but I will get back to you on that!



If you start using it too, don't forget, no matter how low levels of acids you're using, if you expose the treated area to the sun, up your SPF to avoid further skin damage.


If I had a critique so early in the game is that I really don't like the packaging. The colour and design doesn't work for me at all and I prefer pump bottles over tubes.


It contains mineral oil and fragrance so proceed with caution if you're sensitive to those.

No comments:

Post a Comment