Friday 25 August 2017

L'oreal Paradise Extatic Mascara Review


Ever since the L'oreal secured Val Garland as Global Make-up Director I knew straight away that we're going to see exciting things coming up from the brand. I'm not going to go into detail right now how chic and lovely the to be released Balmain Colour Riche range looks, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm going to discuss Instagram's new darling instead, the Paradise Extatic Mascara. The blogging community is raving about it but does it live up to its hype? Will this beat Charlotte Tilbury's Full Fat Lashes, which is still my absolute favourite? Let's see:





The packaging: chic rose gold shade, thin, lightweight, a pretty sight on dressing tables and in make-up bags. It is so easy to photograph, looks very pretty in flat lays, no wonder, bloggers love to show it off. It looks like as if it was created to target the Instagramming generation. Nice one L'oreal!


The wand: dense bristles, soft, not scratchy on the lashes, thick on the two sides, thinner in the middle, slightly on the large side for me, but as I always say, it is not hard to be.


The colour: decent black that keeps its intensity during the day but not as glossy and deep as the Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes.



How it worked on me: despite the wand being slightly chunky for my small eyes, I could navigate it well. It doesn't put too much product on, the formula is not too wet, all in all, the application is easy. Rarely can a mascara actually live up to its claims and do it all but this does separate (it gets more difficult as you pile on the coats), lengthen and volumise too. I had to put a good few coats on to get the effect I wanted but I don't mind taking my time with mascara. It stayed on well during the day, kept the curl and did not flake, the formula contains castor oil, so it keeps the lashes soft. At the end of the day, it was easy to take it off with an oil-based cleanser but creams and micellar water work too.


Paradise Extatic is an all-round great mascara, it really does deserve all the compliments. Is it as good as Charlotte Tilbury's Full Fat Lashes? Not to me, it isn't but if I was on a budget, I would definitely go for this one.

Here is the before and after:



Value for money: great, it is currently £9.99 at Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment