Thursday 10 August 2017

The Ordinary Marula oil



I love good facial oils and I firmly believe there is a few for each skin type, you just have to know which one is best for you. Up until now, my all time favourites have been Rosehip oil and Darphin's 8-Flower-Nectar oil, but recently I discovered Marula oil and it is quickly becoming my new go to treatment.  My growing collection of The Ordinary products is bordering on ridiculous but they have so many exciting formulations to try, I can't help myself! There are a good few high quality marula oil products on the market (Like the Drunk Elephant one for over £60.00), but I went for this budget version (£8.10) because I just like to save wherever I can.

Here are the facts: 


What is it? Marula oil is a multitasking, soft textured luxury oil for the face, body and hair that is extracted from the Marula tree indigenous in  South and West Africa. It is is a powerhouse of antioxidants (60% more than Argan oil!), rich in vitamins and Omega 6,9. This oil is perfect for holding onto moisture, protecting the skin from photo-ageing, improving skin elasticity, reducing the appearance of fine lines, it won't clog pores and due to is the small molecular size it absorbs quickly.  It is one of the more stable ones too so expect longer shelf life which is always good news especially if you're using it seasonally. They don't call Marula oil a 'miracle oil' for nothing.


The Ordinary Marula oil is cold pressed which means it keeps its nutritional value since they don't apply heat during the extraction process. It has a pale yellow colour, almost clear without a scent. The texture is light and soft, easy to apply.  It is vegan and cruelty-free too.



Who is it for? Normal, Combination, Dry, dehydrated, dull, ageing skin types, tread carefully if you are acne-prone.


Packaging: dark glass dropper bottle, practical, easy to use, no frills which is part of the premise the company was built on, great if you want to minimize plastic in your household.



How did it work for me? I have only been using it for two weeks, but I already noticed a bit of a transformation: it made my skin incredibly soft and radiant. I'm using it as part of my evening routine only, right after cleansing and my serums. Mixing it with the HA + B5 serum after my acid treatments seemed working
particularly well since it is very soothing. The other thing I noticed is how easy it is to massage it in and how quickly it absorbs. I am looking forward to using this during the winter because it seems just the perfect deep nourishing treatment for weather-worn skin.


Value for money: it is an excellent dupe for some luxury oils, it is well worth it. You get a 30ml product for £8.10, but it lasts a long time since a little bit goes a long way.





2 comments:

  1. Hi I gone through your blog.thanks for sharing information about haute her tips for face at home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this information. Your blog looks so amazing. How to choose the best marula oil for hair?

    ReplyDelete